Monday, November 23, 2015

What Is “Anger Security”? How Ideologues “Think” Today


Last week, I was interviewed by the UIUC Media Bureau, and shared my professional views on Syrian immigration (see here). Today, I received a harsh and personal e-mail from someone on the political right. Earlier this year, I received even harsher emails from people on the opposite end of the political spectrum from today’s correspondent. These people were upset with my view that the First Amendment does not protect faculty speech that directs personal intimidation to a group of students (e.g., in that instance, Twitter attacks that framed Jewish college students as future killers). Well, here is today’s note. I have emphasized the author’s Freudian slip. Below it, I share an example of anger from the political left:


Michael, Your article on the governor's powers to allow our disallow Syrian refugees to take up residence in their respective states was informative.  However, your closing statement on the "wall of fear" was unnecessary and uncalled for.  It is this exact level of liberal lunacy that public schools and universities try to indoctrinate our children with that is the real reason this country is going to lose its strength anger security.  My guess is that you are tenured and are not concerned about consequences by regurgitating garbage liberal agendas to our youth.  Which brings up another atrocity in the university setting which is that of tenure.  You should be allowed to instruct our children based on your performance and ability and not on your amount of time held at an institution spent indoctrinating.  We are in an education crisis with the likes of instructors like you.  We don't pay for you to educate our children with your opinion.  We pay you to educate our children with the facts.  Extremely fed up.

What a miserable shyster you are. You, Wise, Chris Kennedy, and Cary Nelson are utterly depraved.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a student of yours, I can confidently state that you have never indoctrinated me. Though I am sure that you are confident in your teaching ability, I certainly hope that these emails don't dissuade you from continuing to teach us with the style that many of us have come to admire so much.