Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Passing of My Mentor



My many blessings in life include this man, Peter Feuille, who hired and mentored me. As a mentor and campus leader, Pete had the courage to challenge people not to accept good results. Instead, he pushed us to reach our potential. Often, this meant that Pete gave us some tough love. The day the campus informed Pete, my Director, that I would be granted tenure, he called me in for the happy news. “Michael, I am pleased to inform you that you have been awarded tenure. Now, you can stop running the low hurdles and start running the high hurdles.” Did I like hearing this at the time? No. Did Pete make me step up my game? I’ve been running like Forest Gump ever since that day. I love you, Pete. Thanks and God bless you forever.

No comments: